The HP MSM Controller Series works in unison with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n and .11 ac HP and MSM access points and access devices to deliver a cost effective high-performance networking solution for the mid-size enterprise campus. The enhanced architecture supports next generation standards, RF optimization and flexible distribution models for unparalleled performance, reliability and ease of deployment.
- The solution provides comprehensive security, threat protection and high availability to provide business continuity.
Optimized Design and Performance
- The HP Multiservice Mobility Controller Series supports both centralized and distributed forwarding options to reduce latency, optimize application performance and increase WLAN scalability.
- Optimizes wireless coverage and the user experience with Wi-Fi Clear Connect RF optimization, automatic interference mitigation and dynamic client load balancing to increase connectivity.
- Offers flexible upgrade licensing to scale the network as business requirements change.
- Comes in appliance or blade form factors and supports 802.11a/b/g/n and 802.11ac clients.
Simplicity and Low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- The HP Multiservice Mobility Controller Series simplifies configuration and deployment of WLAN services with automated workflows.
- Reduces complexity by streamlining configuration, management and troubleshooting of multivendor wired/WLAN networks with HP single management tool.
- Lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) with Industry leading warranties.
- Analytics and monitoring dashboard offers a quick view of the health of the WLAN and potential issues with intuitive visibility into Wireless Clients, APs and Alarms.
- The HP Multiservice Mobility Controller Series delivers seamless failover of mobility services through virtual controller redundancy.
- Offers comprehensive security and threat protection with integrated intrusion detection system (IDS), support for internal and external authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA) servers and a stateful built-in firewall.
- Supports comprehensive identity management, endpoint security and centralized policy enforcement for a converged wired/wireless infrastructure.
15.38 x 1.75 x 17.32 in (W x H x D)
Stateful firewall: enforces firewall policies to control traffic and filter access to network services; maintains session information for every connection passing through it, enabling the firewall to control packets based on existing sessions.
Complete session logging: provides detailed information for problem identification and resolution. Remote configuration and management: through secure Web browser, command-line (console port or SSH), SOAP, or SNMP. Management interface control: allows interfaces to be enabled or disabled depending on security preferences.
10-GbE connections to the switch (for E-MSM765zl mobility controller): two 10-GbE wire-speed internal connections help ensure that the network connections from the application to the switch backplane will not limit application performance.