HP MCS 200 Cooling Unit (BW974A)
- The MCS Portfolio (MCS 100 & MCS 200) provides rack cooling solutions from lower density storage or networking (5kW) to high density performance based compute IT requirements (50kW) in single or dual rack configurations.
- Portfolio of cooling solutions from 5kW to 50kW to cover all platforms and rack based IT gear.
- Extremely energy efficient chilled water, close coupled, rack contained cooling systems.
- Warm water cooling ready for chiller-less or high economization data center cooling configurations delivering ultra low PUE.
- MCS is field scalable, can be upgraded when the customer needs additional capacity. Scalability is done via hot plug scalable capacity, MCS unit does not need to be shut down.
- Factory tested and integrated and delivered ready to be deployed anywhere in the world.
Self Contained, Scalable High Performance Water Cooled Rack Solutions
- The MCS Cooling System Portfolio (MCS 100 and MCS 200) provides rack cooling solutions from lower density storage and networking (5kW) to high density performance based compute IT requirements (50kW) in single or dual rack configurations.
- Full front and rear rack containment provides high density IT cooling infrastructure without disrupting existing data center thermals. Fixes rack or row “hot spots”
- Can be placed on solid or raised floor, can be cabled from top, bottom or rear of unit
- MCS is warmer water/free cooling ready. Up to 30kW of cooling from 65?F water
- MCS racks can be fully configured with servers, storage and networking gear fully cabled and tested from the HP factory
Two Models of the Modular Cooling System Portfolio – MCS 100 and MCS 200
- MCS 100 has single rack capacity from 10kW to 30kW, the MCS 100 dual rack capacity is 5kW to 15kW
- MCS 200 has single rack capacity from 30kW to 50kW, the MCS 200 dual rack capacity is 15kW to 25kW
- MCS system capacity is field scalable by adding hot pluggable fan units
Easy Management and Serviceability
- The HP Modular Cooling System offers redundant, hot swappable fans. The fans can be replaced while the unit is operating allowing for great flexibility in servicing.
- The MCS is managed via touchscreen display or web interface which allows the user to program temperature, specific usage times, and other commands.
- The MCS has SNMP communications output and integrates with IT management tools such as HP SIM, Openview, etc.
- Preventative maintenance, extended warranty and installation services to compliment the MCS are delivered by HP.u
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 36 x 59.5 x 78.9 in
- 1,054 lbs
- What’s in the box
- (1) HP Modular Cooling System 200 Cooling Unit